Checklist: At least 40 things you should do in Ottawa before summer’s over (2018 edition)
OttawaStart.com, BY OTTAWASTART STAFF · AUGUST 16, 2018
We’re nearly halfway through August and the summer is just flying by. But there’s still a lot of hot days and sunshine left.
Here’s a list of 40 or so things you should check out before September.
- Go see Northern Lights and/or do yoga (Wednesdays at noon) on Parliament Hill.
- Ride your bike on a parkway during Nokia Sunday Bikedays.
- Have another beer (maybe for just a buck?) on another patio.
- Buy fresh food at a local farmers’ market.
- Visit a local winery or brewery.
- Take a road trip to Almonte or Merrickville or Perth or Wakefield or even Cornwall.
- Go to a music festival.
- Watch some theatre in a park from A Company of Fools or Odyssey Theatre.
- Go to the fair.
- Take a haunted walk.
- Go see Van Gogh Up Close at the National Gallery.
- Walk around and admire Ottawa’s street art.
- Sample some street food.
- Go for a stroll on the path along the Rideau Canal.
- Build a sand castle at a beach or swim in an outdoor pool.
- Explore a cave.
- Take a photo of a gorgeous sunset.
- Go to a drive-in movie. There’s one in Gatineau and one near Perth.
- Go to an outdoor movie like Centretown Movies.
- Check out Saturday night reggae at Westboro Beach.
- Go see The Art of the Brick at the Museum of Science and Technology.
- Walk through the grounds at Rideau Hall.
- Rent a paddleboat at Dow’s Lake.
- Play mini-golf.
- Take your dog for a run at Lemieux Island.
- Take a hike in the Greenbelt.
- Go to a water park; Calypso or Mont Cascades.
- Check out Armour at the War Museum.
- See some fireworks at the history museum.
- Go to a beach in the Gatineaus.
- Bike down that really steep hill behind Major’s Hill Park.
- See the birds at the Museum of Nature.
- Invite your neighbours over for a BBQ.
- Go to a block party.
- Hire a rickshaw.
- Learn how they wash the cows at the Agriculture Museum.
- Ride on a pirate ship on the Rideau Canal.
- Watch the hot air balloons over Gatineau.
- Go ziplining.
Leave a Reply